Well it’s the day I’ve been dreading…the last official day of my summer break.
But the funny thing is that as much as I dread it, I look forward to it too. I love my job, my kids love their school/babysitter, and we enjoy getting back in to our routine. Also, Blake enjoys not having to sneak around in the mornings or share his quiet lunch hour with us…that’s right, I know his secrets.
So what have I accomplished/learned this summer?
- Family vacation to Tennessee–check that one off the bucket list
- Multiple trips to the swimming pool and I only had to leave with a tantrum throwing kid a couple of times…sorry to those of you that witnessed that.
- Summer trip to Ohio to see the family–awesome quality time with some of my favorite people…missed a couple awesome people who were off on their own adventure while we were there
- Organized both kids bedrooms and toy room–even though they are a mess now 🙂
- Organized lots of other “hot spots” in our house–cleaned out and sold lots of misc. junk
- Turned another year old and now I can run for president! Plus I got carded on my birthday which was pretty awesome even though I lost money not long after…stupid casinos
- Grew a beautiful garden…that the groundhog ate…trapped the groundhog and ended his reign…too late
- Enjoyed fruit and veggies from the farmers market and friends since my garden was violated
- Attended library meetings for my MASL obligations and pretty much fixed all the library problems of the state…or maybe not
- Went to a Royals game
- School supplies bought…I will pay the tax to avoid the crazies any day.
- Kept my flowers alive…ignore the fact that it was cooler and wetter than normal
- Read some grown up books and some awesome kid books
- Managed my own version of Big Brother where there are 3 contestants…myself, Paige and Parker…no one is getting voted off and Julie Chen (Blake) comes in to monitor the situation every so often…
The family and I have had some good times, some bad times, plenty of rest and lots of adventures. As a good friend told me, each summer gets a little easier as the kids get older. The challenges are different but not having to change diapers anymore is pretty amazing.
So here’s to a great school year! I’m super excited to get back in the swing of things. I’ve got some great ideas and I have missed all of my friends and even a couple students 🙂 Here’s to year 13!