Last month I wrote a blog post every day of November. What was I thankful for? Well, no time for that this year. I am thankful, hopefully every day and not just in November.
Here’s my list for 2012:
I’m thankful for…
- my crazy family, every single one of them.
- the health of my children, my husband and myself.
- I have an abundance of food in my pantry and freezer at home and the question “What are we going to eat?” comes from my lack of planning and motivation rather than no options.
- my dual control electric blanket that makes it so nice and cozy to crawl in to.
- a great job that provides me with a different challenge each day and gives me many vacation days to spend with my children
- a wonderful church family
- a great place for Parker to go during the day full of friends and fun
- jean days
- Sonic cherry vanilla coke zero
- all the years Hostess/Wonder Bread provided for my family by giving my dad a job
- a wonderful husband who does more than his share with the house and the kids and never complains about it (this really should be at the top of the list)
- Paige’s manipulative thinking because her brain is working
- Parker’s wild stunts of jumping off things and his smart comments because his body and mind are able
- new friends and old friends
- that God knows that future and He is in control, even when we think we are
- Apple for iPhones, iPods and iPads
- having my brother and sister-in-law home for Thanksgiving instead of off fighting a war somewhere
- the long hours of work and missing out on fun with my college friends because it got me the degree I needed to get the job and life I wanted
- great books
I could go on and on…I’ll spare you the details.
I hope that each of you have a Happy Thanksgiving and spend it with the people you love. Put aside differences and enjoy time with family. You never know how much time you have left with them.