Thankful November–Day 5

After spending the way I spent my last 30+ hours, today’s thanksgiving is simple.  I’m thankful for my job.

I’m thankful that I somehow got my dream job handed to me when I wasn’t qualified and didn’t even know what I wanted to do in life.

I’m thankful for great bosses and coworkers who make every day life fun and enjoyable.

I enjoy my 560 middle schoolers that I get to hang out with each day.  They give me many chuckles and inspire me daily.  It is a challenge to help a middle schooler realize how great reading is and I try each day to make a difference.

I’m thankful for my fellow librarians in my district.  I am very lucky to have people I can vent to, cheer on, share in their personal lives and just have great friends who “get” what I do.  I had a great weekend catching up with one of my favorite ladies this weekend.

I am thankful to God for inspiring me with goals for my career and I am thankful I have had to opportunities to reach some of those goals and the ability to keep dreaming up new goals.

I am thankful that I have a school district who sees the importance of professional development and a great state organization, MASL, that provide us with opportunities to meet together with other librarians in the state to share ideas.  I have come home rejuvenated and full of new great ideas.

I’m thankful that I have a husband who can hold down the home front while I go on these great adventures and parents and in-laws who are more than happy to step in and help out with the little ones.

I am eternally grateful that God was watching out for us while we were driving yesterday and spared our lives as we were almost in a horrible wreck.  I am also thankful that Julie is a defensive driver!

Every day my job is different.  I never know what challenges might meet me at the door.  I love 98% of it and the other 2% just make me a stronger person and teach me lessons.

I pray that you have a job that constantly challenges you and that you enjoy going to each day.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s